Views make it easy and quick for Managers and Admins to create different user groups. Cloning Views can be particularly helpful in the following cases -
- Template Views: When you’d like to use an existing Views as starting points for other Views.
- Iterative analysis: Make small changes to filters and compare employee performances across two or more Views.
- Collaboration: Admins might want to have the same View with both, shared and private, visibility settings.
Cloning an existing View
- Step 1: From the left panel on your current page click on the ⚙️ Manage Views button. The Manage Views section would pop up.
- Step 2: From the list of all saved views, that should now be on your screen, navigate and find the one you wish to clone.
- Step 3: Once you’ve located the View you wish to clone, click on the ︙ (three dots) button against your desired View in the list.
- Step 4: From the list of options that now appear, click on the 📃 Clone button.
- Step 5: A window titled “Cloned View Filters” should appear. Here you can edit your Cloned View before saving. Select characteristics based on which you would like to filter user groups. For a list of filters please refer here.
- Step 6: When you are satisfied with the selected filters, click on Apply & Save to save the user group as a new view on Mesh.
- Step 7: A new window titled “Save Your Cloned View” should appear. Here you can set and view the following -
- Name: Give your Cloned View a new and interesting name.
- Visibility: Edit visibility for your Cloned View to either Private or Shared. The View is Private by default.
- View Type: Set View type to either Static or Dynamic. The View is Dynamic by default.
- User Filters: To assist you in naming the View better, you can refer to the filters applied in the said View. This should help you think of a suitable name for the Cloned View quickly.
- Step 8: Once you’re satisfied with the above fields, clicking on Save View button would save the Cloned View for you.
- Step 9: Done! You should get a confirmation prompt on your saved View. Your new view is now created and applied. You can also access the newly created view from the left panel under the VIEWS section.
Now that you know how to Clone a View, learn how to Delete redundant or duplicate Views here.