What is ‘Mesh Recommends’?
"Mesh Recommends" is a prominent feature integrated into the key landing pages of our platform. This functionality utilizes a series of prompts to suggest the optimal next course of action for employees based on a comprehensive analysis of platform-wide inputs. This approach not only fosters greater adoption but also enables leaders to harness the full potential of their human resources. Additionally, to further engage users, we have implemented a gamification component whereby feedback is provided upon the successful completion of each suggested action or nudge.
How does Mesh help in this habit formation?
We analyze user behaviors to identify the right cues (as we'd like to call them - Nudges!) and the right time to push them to employees. These nudges drive users to do the desired routines. But that's not where the story ends. Mesh also provides. Cognitive rewards and badges back to users who complete desired routines, providing positive reinforcement to employees to complete more routines on an ongoing basis.
Mesh Recommends in action
Let's take an example -
An employee Jimmy has excelled in his current role as a Software engineer and achieved a top rating in the annual assessment. As an employer, we want Jimmy to take this one level up this year by showing more leadership and acquiring new skills to help us grow faster. What will be some of the routines we'd like Jimmy to take up? -
- Maintain high standards in goal achievement he created for himself.
- Discuss with his Manager how he can contribute more to the organization.
- Help colleagues and peers showcase team building and leadership qualities.
Now, how does Mesh help create cues in his environment of Jimmy, so he starts doing this with little or no thought?
- On Monday morning, Jimmy logs in to the Mesh, and a nudge pops up, appreciating his contribution from last year and asks to set up even more difficult targets this year and challenge his limits.
- When Jimmy is about to walk into a meeting with his Manager for a monthly check-in, Mesh nudges Jimmy to talk about a relevant competency for a Team lead role in the engineering team and create an action plan on how to deliver this.
- Jimmy has completed a collaboration with the Sales team, and Mesh suggests both Jimmy and Sales team members share their experience of working with each other. When it's most relevant, praising peers and colleagues makes teams positively connected and makes employee engagement easier.
Maybe Jimmy found these routines interesting hence he does this the first time, but it's still not a habit yet. We're still missing rewards. That's where badges come in. Anytime Jimmy completes the desired routines, he gets a badge "Work Done," celebrating accomplishments. These accomplishments are shared with Managers, peers, and leaders in the organization, making it desirable to get these badges.
We've seen a 20% uplift in target achievement amongst people completing these routines against people not completing them. That's 20% more productivity from the same set of employees just by encouraging good practices.
Every week, Mesh suggests new routines to Jimmy relevant to his context, growth, performance, engagement level, and many such factors. Each cue created is unique to Jimmy. Each routine is identified very specific to what Jimmy needs to do. Mesh also publishes statistics on improvements due to following the routines, making it even more beneficial to complete them.
Mesh Recommends does what your HRIS simply can not.
Mesh carefully intervenes with all the processes where we can provide data to identify the cues, e.g., your legacy performance management or HRIS systems will not have data on career progression or employee engagement. All the modules Mesh offers were thoughtfully selected with the singular thought of helping the employee grow within the organization.
Mesh People science and ML teams have come together to create these habits, which are very, very specific to each employee. We've 1000+ routines and cues as of today, which is a constantly increasing number. Our analytics experts use scientific methods to discard non-performing cues to ensure we're always experimenting and providing a superior quality experience.
All this is a very user-driven, employee-friendly platform that you won't have to train users to use.